Chilled Sunchoke and Cucumber Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Also known as Jerusalem artichokes, sunchokes are tubers that are native to America – not Israel. Here’s a simple recipe to help you get to know them better.
- 1 pound peel-on sunchokes, washed well and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients well in a nonreactive mixing bowl. Allow flavors to combine 15 minutes and serve.