Chilled Avocado Soup with Vodka
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A cool summer soup -- with optional vodka for the adults.
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dil
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 fluid ounce vodka, optional
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients, except vinegar and lemon juice, in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Season with vinegar and lemon juice. Consistency of soup may be adjusted by adding more water.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocado Board, avocadocentral.com.