Chili-Stuffed Flank Steak
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 1/4pounds lean flank steak (about 1/2-inch thick), pocket cut
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chili with beans, drained
- 1/4cup canned diced green chiles
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1cup low sodium barbecue sauce
- Heat a grill to high heat.
- Place the flank steak on a sheet of heavy duty foil and fill the pocket of the flank steak with chili and diced chilies. Secure the opening of the flank steak with a skewer. Rub the surface of the steak with a thin film of oil (about 2 teaspoons) and season with the chili powder.
- Clean the grill grate with a metal brush and rub with oil. Put the steak on the grill, cover, and grill to medium-rare, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through. Coat the flank steak with barbecue sauce and grill another minute on each side.
- Remove skewer, and cut flank steak in thin slices against the grain and serve.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 7g
- Protein 40g