Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Yield 4 servings
These spicy pork chops are simple and delicious, especially when served with a sweet pineapple salsa.
- 4 -- bone-in rib chops, about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 3 slices pineapple, cut crosswise about 1/2-inch thick, trimmed OR 3 slices canned pineapple, drained
- 1 -- jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- -- Salt, to taste
- In a shallow bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Sprinkle both sides of pork with spice mixture. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pork until internal temperature reaches 145F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill pineapple (if using fresh) and jalapeno until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice pineapple and finely dice jalapeno. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.