Chili Chicken & Pineapple Salad, Lime-Cranberry Dressing
- Yield 4 servings
- 12 -- chicken tenders (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red peppers
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup honey roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- -- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Warm tortillas
Preheat oven for broil.
Season chicken tenders with salt, chili powder and crushed red peppers. Spray baking sheet with vegetable cooking oil and arrange tenders in a single layer. Broil chicken 5-inches from heat source, 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from oven and set aside. Cut into bite size pieces and keep warm.
Heat pineapple chunks under broiler for 3-5 minutes. Combine sugar, salt and chili powder and sprinkle on pineapple.
Arrange salad with lettuce, chicken, pineapple and cashews.
Combine ingredients for dressing and drizzle over salad.
Serve with warm tortillas.