- Yield 4 servings
- Vinaigrette and Chicken
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 -- chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups cubed ciabatta or other country style bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 3 cups tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 9 ounces package frozen artichoke hearts, cooked by package directions
- 1/2 cup shredded manchego cheese or parmesan cheese
In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, chile powder, oregano, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle half of mixture over chicken; rub into chicken and under skin. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. For vinaigrette, whisk oil and orange juice concentrate into vinegar mixture remaining in bowl; set aside.
Heat oven to 400. Place bread cubes on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat evenly. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken skin side down and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer skillet to oven and roast 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
In large bowl, combine lettuces, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cheese and bread. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss until evenly mixed and coated. Spoon onto serving plates; top with roasted chicken. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired. Makes 4 servings.