- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Potatos and cheese, spiced with chipotles, baked until bubbly.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 -- chipotle peppers in adobo, finely minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8-ounces) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a 3-quart baking dish.
- Place potatoes and chipotles in a large pan. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until almost fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place one-third of potato mixture into baking dish. Top with one-third of cheese. Repeat layers twice, scraping any remaining broth and bits of potatoes on top. Cover with foil and place on a large baking sheet to catch drips. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Recipe by Morgan Jarrett.