Chilaquiles de Huevos with Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 6 stake corn tortillas
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 fresh chiles serranos or jalapenos, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2tablespoon salt
- 2 to 4tablespoons half-and-half
- 6ounces Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla, Muenster or Queso Asadero Cheese, shredded
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch squares and fry them in oil and butter until slightly crisp. Add onions and chiles. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes with the tortilla squares.
- Beat the eggs with salt and cream. Add to skillet and mix well. Cook just until eggs begin to set. Add cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with your favorite red or green salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board