Chilaquiles de Huevos with Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- Yield 3 to 4 servings
Cheesy eggs are served with crisp fried tortillas and your favorite salsa.
- 6 stake corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 fresh chiles serranos or jalapenos, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 6 ounces Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla, Muenster or Queso Asadero Cheese, shredded
- Cut tortillas into 1-inch squares and fry them in oil and butter until slightly crisp. Add onions and chiles. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes with the tortilla squares.
- Beat the eggs with salt and cream. Add to skillet and mix well. Cook just until eggs begin to set. Add cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with your favorite red or green salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board