- Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 can 19-ounce black beans, rinsed
- 1 can 14-ounce diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen (thawed) or fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 -- corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 can each of mild red & green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 -- Shredded chicken (buy one of those rotisserie chickens)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onion, stirring often, until it starts turning brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin, chicken, and salt. Cook stirring occasionally, until vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
Scatter half the tortillas on the bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of the vegetable-chicken mixture, enchilada sauces, & cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, vegetable-chicken mixture, sauces & cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake casserole for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until the casserole is bubbling around the edges and cheese is melted; about 10 minutes more.
Omit the chicken for a vegetarian dish!