Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry
- Yield servings
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup baby carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoon dried currants or raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the onion and cook about 1 minute, or until softened. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the water, chickpeas, cauliflower, carrots, currants, cinnamon, curry powder, turmeric, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft and the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve topped with plain Greek nonfat yogurt and garnish with additional cinnamon, if desired
Recipe courtesy of Keri Glassman