Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers and Olives
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20-30 minutes
- 4 thin skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 12-ounce jar of roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 8 to 10 California pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3tablespoons capers (optional)
- In an 8 inch, nonstick skillet, heat butter or margarine. Saute diced onion until soft. Add roasted red peppers and olives, and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add capers if desired.
- On waxed paper, mix flour and salt. In a bowl, beat egg with a fork. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in the egg.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken, and cook about 5 minutes longer, until second side is also golden brown.
- Place chicken on plate and top with roasted red pepper and olive mixture.
- Serve with white rice and a vegetable such as broccoli or asparagus.