Chicken with Orange Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
A quick-and-easy recipe for a delicious meal.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 -- chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 small cube chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- -- green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the chicken. Saute for 5 minutes or until light brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Stir the liqueur, orange juice, 1 cup water, chicken bouillon, honey, green onions and orange zest into the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Blend the corn flour with enough water to make a thin paste in a small bowl. Add to the skillet and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Pour over the chicken. Serve over rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Bermuda Junior Service League’s Island Thyme (Hamilton HM FX, Bermuda, 2005).