Chicken with Black Bean Sauce
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This knock-your-socks-off, low-fat dish is great served over rice.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their juice
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the black beans, tomatoes with juice, green chiles, chili powder, cumin and coriander. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a 2-quart oblong ovenproof pan, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Pour the black bean sauce over the chicken. Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the chicken is cooked through.