Chicken with Asparagus, Georgia Pecans and Couscous
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound chicken breasts
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4teaspoon paprika
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1cup chopped onion
- 8ounces fresh asparagus
- 2/3cup Georgia pecan halves, chopped
- 1 (5.7-ounce) package couscous mix with herbed chicken flavor
- 1 1/4cups boiling water
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise to make 8 long, thick strips; sprinkle strips on both sides with thyme, paprika, and salt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl it to lightly coat pan, and then pour oil into a small dish. Add chicken strips, cover and cook 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Turn chicken over, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, until chicken is almost cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add reserved oil to pan, then stir in carrot and onion. Cook, covered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; cut spears crosswise into 3/4-inch lengths.
- Add asparagus to carrot mixture; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat and stir in pecans and couscous. Arrange chicken on top. Combine boiling water and contents of seasoning packet; pour into skillet, cover tightly and let stand 8 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission