National Chicken Council
- 4pounds chicken wings, tips removed and cut at the joint
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4teaspoons freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1teaspoon minced ginger
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4cup sliced scallions
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season wings with salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat grill to medium high.
- Place seasoned chicken wings and plum halves, cut side down, on grill. Reduce heat to medium and close grill cover. Grill plums for about 4 minutes on each side until soft but not falling apart. Remove plums to the bowl of a blender of food processor.
- Increase heat on grill to medium high. Continue to cook wings for about 8-10 minutes. Turn and grill for 10-15 minutes. Wings should register 170F when tested with an instant read thermometer. Remove to a serving platter.
- While wings are grilling, to the plums add vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, soy, 1Ž4 teaspoon pepper, and scallions. Process until smooth. Measure out 1Ž4 cup plum coulis and reserve remaining sauce.
- During the last 3-4 minutes of grilling, baste wings with 1Ž4 cup plum coulis.
- Drizzle wings with remaining coulis or serve coulis in a bowl on the side for dipping. Sprinkle wings with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 550
- Fat 34g
- Saturated Fat 10g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 48g