Chicken Wings Gorgonzola
- Yield: servings
- chicken wings
- 2pounds chicken wings, cut into 2 pieces at joint, tips discarded
- 4tablespoons butter
- 4tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1bunch watercress, washed and trimmed for garnish
- Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
- 2/3cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1/4cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1clove garlic clove, minced
- In deep fryer or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F. testing with kitchen thermometer. Pat wings dry and season with salt and pepper. Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. To avoid overcrowding the skillet, fry wings in small batches. Remove wings with tongs and drain on paper towels. After draining, transfer wings to large bowl.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in hot pepper sauce and vinegar. Pour mixture over wings and toss to coat well. Arrange wings on serving platter, garnish with watercress and serve with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing.
- To make Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Serve with wings.