Chicken-Wild Rice Salad
- Yield 6 servings
This chicken rice salad makes a wonderful summertime meal.
- 1 -- (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- -- Salt, pepper, lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Kraft Miracle French Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- -- Avocado slices
- -- Cherry tomatoes
- Combine cooked, cooled rice, chicken, green pepper and seasonings. Be especially generous with the lemon pepper. Add French dressing and lemon juice. You may add the mayonnaise at this point or wait until just before serving. Adding the mayonnaise ahead allows the flavors to blend. Refrigerate. Serve mixture in salad bowl garnished with avocado slices and cherry tomatoes.
Note: Regular orange-colored French dressing may be used in lieu of Miracle French Dressing. Curried rice mix and shrimp may be substituted for wild rice and chicken.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’s Revel (Shreveport, Louisiana, 2000).