- Yield 4 servings
This simple to make chicken dish features zucchini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and black olives.
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breasts and legs, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, as needed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 small zucchinis, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces drained cured artichoke hearts, sliced
- 6 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl or plate. Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture. Heat oil and rosemary sprig in an ovenproof sauté pan and brown each chicken piece on both sides.
- Place pan in oven and roast 15 to 20 minutes. Juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a knife.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add zucchinis, mushrooms, artichokes and olives to the pan over medium heat. Sauté for 1 minute, then add wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any bits in the pan. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add butter and stir until it melts. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate each chicken portion with some of the vegetables and drizzle sauce around and over.