Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Yield 8 servings
This chicken casserole is loaded with cheese and will be a hit at your dinner table.
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (4-ounce) cans mild chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 5 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken and onion in butter for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato sauce, chiles, chili powder and cumin. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese. Place one tortilla in casserole dish; cover with 1/5 of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup corn and 1/4 of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers three more times. On top of last tortilla, place remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 35 minutes until light brown and bubbly
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board