Chicken Tetrazzini with Asiago Cheese
- Yield: servings
- 3cups cooked chicken, shredded (meat from one 3 1/2-pound chicken)
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 2cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1/2cup no-salt chicken broth
- 1/2cup white wine
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 3tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 1/2pound linguine or other pasta, cooked
- 1/2cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic, sauteing until translucent, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and stir in mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are tender and any liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Lower heat to medium and stir in flour. Gradually stir in white wine and chicken broth. Bring to simmer and stir in heavy cream. Reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 1 minute. Stir in basil and sun-dried tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix half the sauce with the linguine. Mix remaining sauce with chicken. Butter 2 1/2 quart casserole dish; place pasta in dish making a hole in the center. Place chicken in hole; sprinkle casserole with cheese. Bake until brown on top and hot throughout, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.