- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 30 mins
The traditional Italian baked pasta, with chicken, cheese, sherry and nutmeg.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 cups (1 pound) cooked boneless, skinless chicken, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, broken in half and cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with flour and toss to combine. Add broth and half-and-half; cook, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry (if using), salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat and stir in chicken.
- Combine spaghetti and chicken mixture; toss gently and spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or shallow 3-quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.