Chicken Tacos with Honey Chipotle Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Honey chipotle sauce:
- 1ounce canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2cup honey
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon dry mustard
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 2pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
To prepare the sauce:
- Combine the chipotle peppers with the garlic and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add the honey, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, dry mustard and cumin and mix well.
To prepare the tacos:
- Spoon the chicken onto the tortillas and add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
- Top with the chipotle sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Plano, Lone Star to Five Star, Culinary Creations for Every Occasion (The Junior League of Plano, 2004)