Chicken Tacos with Honey Chipotle Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
You may serve the tacos with salsa instead of the honey chipotle sauce. Use a store bought rotisserie chicken for a quick-and-easy meal.
- Honey chipotle sauce:
- 1 ounce canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
To prepare the sauce:
- Combine the chipotle peppers with the garlic and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add the honey, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, dry mustard and cumin and mix well.
To prepare the tacos:
- Spoon the chicken onto the tortillas and add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
- Top with the chipotle sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Plano, Lone Star to Five Star, Culinary Creations for Every Occasion (The Junior League of Plano, 2004)