Chicken Taco Casserole
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1can chilies (small), chopped
- 2cups tomato juice
- 1can cheddar cheese soup
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 2cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 12 tortillas
- 1cup cheese, grated
- Saute onion in butter. Add chilies, tomato juice, cheddar cheese soup, chili powder, garlic powder, and chopped chicken. Stir together.
- Break tortillas into about 6 pieces each. In a 2 quart casserole dish, put a layer of tortillas, layer of chicken mixture, and layer of grated cheese. Repeat until all is used.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, and then uncover and add more grated cheese and cook until cheese is melted.