Chicken Supreme with Black Olives
- Yield: 4 servings
"This is my own special recipe and is requested often by my family. It keeps the chicken very moist."
- 3tablespoons butter
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2.25-ounce can) sliced California Ripe Olives
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in skillet, add chicken and sauté until browned, about 8 minutes. Turn and cook other side, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan. Sauté mushrooms, olives, green onions, garlic and rosemary in same pan.
- Place chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour olive mixture over chicken. Place a cheese slice over each breast. Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.
— Recipe by Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio