Chicken Supreme with Black Olives
- Yield 4 servings
Black olives and mozzarella cheese dress up these baked chicken breasts.
"This is my own special recipe and is requested often by my family. It keeps the chicken very moist."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2.25-ounce can) sliced California Ripe Olives
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in skillet, add chicken and sauté until browned, about 8 minutes. Turn and cook other side, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan. Sauté mushrooms, olives, green onions, garlic and rosemary in same pan.
- Place chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour olive mixture over chicken. Place a cheese slice over each breast. Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.
– Recipe by Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio