Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Yield 4 servings
This chicken dish is simple, but elegant.
- 4 -- boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces plain or herb-flavored goat cheese
- 4 to 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- -- Vegetable oil
- Cut a horizontal slit into the thickest portion of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Fill each pocket with one-forth of the bacon, one-fourth of the cheese and one to two basil leaves. Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour. Coat in the eggs and then coat in the bread crumbs. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet. Add the chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Heritage Hall’s To Learn, to Lead…To Serve(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2008).