Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- boneless chicken breasts
- 8slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 8ounces plain or herb-flavored goat cheese
- 4 to 8large fresh basil leaves
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 2-- eggs
- 1cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- -- Vegetable oil
- Cut a horizontal slit into the thickest portion of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Fill each pocket with one-forth of the bacon, one-fourth of the cheese and one to two basil leaves. Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour. Coat in the eggs and then coat in the bread crumbs. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet. Add the chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Heritage Hall’s To Learn, to Lead…To Serve(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2008).