EZ Stuffed Chicken
- Yield servings
- Onion stuffing:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 large Onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can Shiitake mushrooms,
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Chicken rotisserie seasoning
- 1 -- 10 ounce package Spinach, frozen
- Honey glaze
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 4 large Chicken breasts
- toothpicks or skewers
In a skillet, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until the onion just starts to carmelize. add the chicken seasoning. Set aside.
Take the chicken breasts and butterfly. Evenly distribute the spinach over each chicken breast. Now repeat the process with the onion stuffing. Roll up the chicken. Cut the meat in 2" slices, keeping each slice intact and secure with a toothpick of skewer.
Take a large skillet and add cooking oil and heat over medium heat. Place each slice in the skillet and sear both sides. After searing, brush top with honey glaze and place the skillet in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes, turn the slices over and brush with the honey glaze and return to the oven for the last five minutes.
Serve with a salsa or rice pilaf.
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.