Chicken Stir Fry
- Yield: servings
This is a recipe I share with my two oldest daughters, the 3 of us love to eat it together and I enjoy cooking it for us.
- 1 to 2pound chicken tenders
- 24ounces frozen 3 Pepper & Onion Blend
- 1cup long grain brown rice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon Salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon Unseasoned Meat Tenderizer
- Soy Sauce
- Read instructions on which ever rice you choose. Microwave or white rice are fine to substitute. For healthier version, use long grain, brown or wild rice.
- On a plate, sprinkle chicken tenders with salt, pepper and unseasoned meat tenderizer. Set aside.
- Preheat a skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken tenders. Cook until no longer pink.
- Turn the burner down on low. Add frozen peppers and onion mix.
- Pour remaining Tablespoon of olive oil over frozen vegetables.
- Simmer with a lid on until the vegetables and chicken are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. This keeps Chicken from drying out.
- Add desired amount of chicken mixture over rice of choice.
- Add Soy Sauce to taste.
- For more flavorful rice, add 1 tsp butter or 2 tablespoons of chicken broth into the rice just before serving.
Marsha Arnold, West Union, OH