Spicy Chicken Creole
- Yield 6 servings
- Chicken with Spicy Apricot Kumquat Marmalade and Rice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kumquats, cut in halves and seeded
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups cooked rice, prepared according to package directions
- -- Garnish: 6 8 fresh kumquats (on stems with leaves if available) and fresh thyme sprigs
Season the chicken cubes with the Creole seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne and set aside.
Heat the olive oil and butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped shallots and garlic to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and saute for 15 minutes. Add the kumquats, jalapeno, preserves, balsamic vinegar, white wine and thyme. Simmer for and additional 5 minutes.
Spoon rice onto a serving platter and top with the Chicken and Spicy Apricot-Kumquat Marmalade.
Garnish with fresh kumquats and fresh thyme sprigs.