Spicy Chicken Creole
- Yield: 6 servings
- Chicken with Spicy Apricot Kumquat Marmalade and Rice
- 2pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon butter
- 2small shallots, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2cups kumquats, cut in halves and seeded
- 1medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1cup white wine
- 2tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3cups cooked rice, prepared according to package directions
- -- Garnish: 6 8 fresh kumquats (on stems with leaves if available) and fresh thyme sprigs
Season the chicken cubes with the Creole seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne and set aside.
Heat the olive oil and butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped shallots and garlic to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and saute for 15 minutes. Add the kumquats, jalapeno, preserves, balsamic vinegar, white wine and thyme. Simmer for and additional 5 minutes.
Spoon rice onto a serving platter and top with the Chicken and Spicy Apricot-Kumquat Marmalade.
Garnish with fresh kumquats and fresh thyme sprigs.