Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 8 servings
- 2 -- heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 pounds chicken, chunked
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red jalapeno jelly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Hot Shot Red Pepper Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin orange slices
- 2 -- limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Pull full leaves from head of lettuce and wash. Allow to dry while cooking filling.
In medium skillet, saute' chicken, garlic, jalapeno jelly, ginger, pepper blend, and salt in oil. Remove from heat after 5-6 minutes or when chicken is white throughout and allow to cool.
In large mixing bowl, combine cucumber, cashews, coconut flakes, carrots, and cilantro. Set aside.
In small serving bowl, mix lime juice, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Place chicken chunks in food processor a few chunks at a time until all chicken is ground. Fold chicken into cucumber mixture with approximately 1/4 of lime juice mixture.
Mix soy sauce in to remaining lime juice mixture and serve as dressing for wraps.
Place filling in lettuce leaf and garnish with 2-3 mandarin orange slices.