Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Yield 8-10 servings
Cream of chicken soup and Velveeta cheese make for a delicious twist on an Italian classic
"When I was a grill cook for a restaurant in Crawford, Texas, I was asked to make this recipe for Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who was a guest of President George W. Bush at his Crawford ranch. This dish was one of the daily specials at the restaurant."
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 (28-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Velveeta or similar product
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken in boiling water until done. Drain, saving water. Chop chicken into small pieces.
- Add spaghetti to chicken water and cook until done, following directions on package.
- In another pan, melt butter and saute celery and onion. Stir in pimiento. Add chicken, soup, milk, Velveeta, salt, and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti and add to chicken mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Cheesy chicken is hard to beat. To make the Velvetta melt more evenly, cut into small chunks.
—Cheryl Pomernke, McGregor, Texas