Chicken Souvlaki with Ripe Olive Tzatziki Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 1cup cucumber, peeled, grated
- 1 (6 oz)can California, black ripe olives, sliced
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1clove garlic
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 pita breads
- Olive Tzatziki Sauce: In a medium bowl combine cucumber, olives, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Souvlaki: In a large bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, oregano and garlic. Add chicken; stir to coat well. Cover, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Thread the chicken and zucchini onto skewers.
- Preheat the grill, place skewers on hot grill; cook until done, approximately 8 minutes.
- Place 2 skewers on each plate. Serve with Olive Tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes and warm pita bread