- Yield 8 servings
This easy chicken soup is good for what ails you.
- 4 quarts water
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- Cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- Place water, chicken, onion, parsley, bay leaves, garlic, carrots, celery, salt and pepper, and bouillon cubes in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- If desired, remove chicken and carrots from the broth ad strain the soup. Add rice or noodles, if desired, and heat through. Makes 8 cups.