- Yield 4 servings
A lighter version of a fragrant Middle Eastern chicken dish, served on warm pitas with a tangy yogurt sauce.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1⁄4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Cooking Light Way to Cook Grilling: The Complete Visual Guide to Healthy Grilling by Cooking Light (Oxmoor House).