Chicken Scampi Penne
- Yield 4 servings
An easy throw-together chicken and pasta dinner with a few surprise ingredients to jazz it up.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine or cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet and cook chicken until brown, usually about 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Saute garlic and onion in the skillet for 1 minute, making sure to stir. Add flour, stir an additional minute. Pour in broth, lemon juice and wine, and gently stir. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat. Cook until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan and add capers and parsley.
- Cook pasta, drain, combine with chicken mixture. Garnish with avocado and Parmesan cheese, and serve.