Chicken Scampi Penne
- Yield 4 servings
An easy throw-together chicken and pasta dinner with a few surprise ingredients to jazz it up.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- -- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine or cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken to taste. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and cook chicken until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add onion and garlic, stir 1 minute. Add flour, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add broth, lemon juice and wine, stirring. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cooking until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan and add capers and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with avocado and Parmesan cheese, and serve.