- Yield 4 servings
Lemon, olives, and capers elevate the flavors of this simple chicken and pasta dish.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 2 cups hot cooked thin spaghetti
- fresh lemon juice
- Pound chicken between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap to about ¼-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in flour to coat lightly.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Add wine and cook until reduced by about half, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken broth, capers, olives and basil.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes. Place chicken over hot cooked spaghettini and spoon sauce, capers, olives and basil over chicken. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serves 4.
Recipe by Greg Patent.