Chicken Scaloppine with Capers, Olives, and Basil
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup dry white wine or dry white vermouth
- 2/3cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2cups hot cooked spaghettini
- Fresh lemon juice
- Pound chicken between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in flour to coat lightly.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Add wine and cook until reduced by about half, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken broth, capers, olives and basil.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes. Place chicken over hot cooked spaghettini and spoon sauce, capers, olives and basil over chicken. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serves 4.
Recipe by Greg Patent.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 360
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 38g