Easy Chicken Scaloppine
- Yield 4 to 5 servings
This quick-and-easy chicken dish features Parmesan cheese, lemon and garlic.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper together. Sprinkle over chicken breasts, pressing well into the chicken.
- In a large pan, heat oil with garlic over medium heat and brown chicken lightly on both sides, about 5 minutes in all. Add broth, lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove garlic cloves and sprinkle chopped parsley over the top.
Recipe by Holly Clegg