- 1/2head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4cup pecans
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2cup chicken stock
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 to 6 chicken apple sausages
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large casserole or baking dish, place and spread the cabbage along the bottom of the dish. On top of the cabbage, evenly scatter the apple slices and then the pecans and cranberries.
- Sprinkle the sage and thyme over the cabbage and apples.
- Next, pour the chicken stock and apple cider vinegar over the cabbage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the sausages over the cabbage and apples, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the sausages are cooked and the cabbage is soft.
- Remove foil and serve.
—Recipe by Meredith Steele, In Sock Monkey Slippers