Chicken Santa Fe Pizza
- Yield 4 servings
This pizza is loaded with grilled Santa Fe-style chicken breasts and a variety of cheeses.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 Spanish onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (16-ounce) pizza dough ball
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Jalapeno Havarti or Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Combine half the garlic and all the chili powder, cayenne and paprika. Add salt and pepper. Rub chicken with mixture and refrigerate in closed plastic bag 1 to 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken on stovetop or outdoor grill. Slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Sauté peppers and onions with remaining garlic in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; add white wine. Cook 3 minutes, keeping vegetables firm. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix marinara and salsa together for sauce. Set aside.
- Form dough into a 12-inch circle and place on pizza stone or in pizza pan. Spread sauce over dough; sprinkle Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses over.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board