Chicken Sandwiches with Lemon-Basil Zucchini and Boursin
- Yield 4 servings
Crusty bread, Boursin cheese, zucchini, red bell pepper and shredded rotisserie chicken combine in these sandwiches that are great for lunch or dinner.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced very thinly lengthwise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package Boursin cheese
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil. Whisk to combine. Add zucchini ribbons and red bell pepper and gently toss to coat with dressing.
- Spread one quarter of Boursin cheese onto four pieces of bread. Place chicken on top of cheese. Top chicken with red bell pepper and zucchini ribbons, drizzling any remaining dressing over the vegetables. Top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich on the diagonal and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council