Chicken Salad with Mozzarella and Olives
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 40 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 4cups cubed (1/2-inch) Italian bread
- 2tablespoons Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/2cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 4 bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- 1 (10-ounce) romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into strips
- 1cup black or marinated brine-cured olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400F. Toss bread cubes with olive oil and salt. Spread in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Bake, turning over once, about 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan on a rack.
- Whisk red wine vinegar, mustard, shallot and sugar in a small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until well combined.
- Toss together chicken, bocconcini and 1/2 cup vinaigrette in serving bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add romaine, red peppers, olives, croutons and remaining vinaigrette. Toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.