Chicken Salad with Mozzarella and Olives
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 40 minutes
- Cook 8 minutes
Italian-style vegetables are marinated in vinaigrette and tossed with chicken, mozzarella and homemade croutons in this recipe from Crisco Cooking Oils.
- 4 cups cubed (1/2-inch) Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 4 bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- 1 (10-ounce) romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into strips
- 1 cup black or marinated brine-cured olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400F. Toss bread cubes with olive oil and salt. Spread in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Bake, turning over once, about 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan on a rack.
- Whisk red wine vinegar, mustard, shallot and sugar in a small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until well combined.
- Toss together chicken, bocconcini and 1/2 cup vinaigrette in serving bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add romaine, red peppers, olives, croutons and remaining vinaigrette. Toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.