Chicken Salad Verde Anna Teresa
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 2 -- whole rotisserie chickens, meat cut into ½ inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- 10 large red lettuce leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 small sour pickle
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place chicken pieces in large bowl and set aside.
- In food processor or blender, make dressing by combining parsley, basil, garlic, capers, pickle, celery, olive oil and vinegar. Puree until very smooth. (If dressing becomes too thick, add one tablespoon water.)
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Spoon dressing over chicken and toss gently to coat. Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter; mound salad in the middle.
- Garnish with tomato slices or roasted red pepper slices, if desired.
- Serve salad at room temperature.
Adapted from Chicken Salad; Fifty Favorite Recipes, Barbara Lauterbach, Chronicle Books, 2003.