Chicken Salad Sliders
- Yield: servings
- Pickled Red Onions
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, hard boiled & sliced
- 1/2cup real mayo
- 2tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2tablespoons dill relish
- Chicken Burgers (Sliders)
- 20ounces ground chicken
- 1/2cup portabella mushrooms, finely chopped*
- 1/3cup yellow onion, finely chopped*
- 1/2teaspoon Grill Mates chicken rub
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 2cloves garlic, pressed
- bib lettuce, cleaned and torn into bun size pieces
- 1 (12 pack) King's Hawaiian savory butter rolls
- cooking spray
1. In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the vinegar over medium heat. Add the red onion, cover and simmer until wilted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let cool. Strain away juice when ready to serve.
2. In a small bowl make the dressing by mixing the mayo, mustard and relish together. Mix well and refrigerate till needed.
3. Heat double burner griddle over medium heat.
4. In a large bowl mix ground chicken, mushrooms, yellow onion, Grill Mates rub, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well and form into 10-12 mini burgers (sliders).
5. Spray griddle with cooking spray and cook burgers 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
6. On the same griddle toast the butter rolls on each side.
7. Assembly – bottom bun – 1-2 tbsps pickled red onions – chicken burger – 2 pieces bib lettuce – 2 slices boiled egg – equal portions of dressing (put the dressing on the top bun and then place on slider). Use toothpick to hold if needed.
*I like to use a hand held food chopper.