Chicken Rice Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This super Chinese chicken dish is very tasty and faster than take-out.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 3 cups peeled carrot strips
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, sherry, cornstarch and salt and pepper until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat ginger and garlic over medium heat, add chicken, and stir-fry until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Add green onions, carrots, rice, chicken broth and soy sauce to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, add broccoli, cover and simmer until rice is tender and chicken is done 15 to 20 minutes longer.