Chicken Ratatouille with Mozzarella and Parmesan
- Yield 4 servings
Eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and chicken — all sauteed together for a one-dish meal.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Over high heat in a large, nonstick soup pot or casserole, warm 2 teaspoons olive oil. Saute chicken until well-browned, about 6 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, onions and garlic; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until onions are very soft. Add eggplant and zucchini, cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the ratatouille; cover pot until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Serve hot with grated Parmesan sprinkled on top, with garlic bread or a baguette.