Chicken, Radicchio and Fennel Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -- fresh grapefruits
- 1 -- rotisserie chicken
- 1 -- fennel bulb, quartered, cored, julienne cut
- 1 -- head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced arugula leaves
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
In a small saucepan boil grapefruit juice until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Pour reduced juice into a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Set dressing aside.
Cut peel and pith away from each grapefruit. Cut between the membranes and remove the sections. Place grapefruit segments in a bowl and top with 3 tablespoons dressing, Set aside.
Shred the rotisserie chicken and measure out 3 cups. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl. Save any remaining chicken for another use. Add the fennel, radicchio, arugula and onion to the bowl. Spoon enough dressing over to coat evenly. Toss lightly.
To serve: Mound 1/6 salad in the center of each. plate. Arrange grapefruit segments decoratively around edge of each salad. Then top each with crumbled goat cheese and a sprinkling of walnuts. Serves 6.