Chicken, Radicchio and Fennel Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon honey
- 3/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2-- fresh grapefruits
- 1-- rotisserie chicken
- 1-- fennel bulb, quartered, cored, julienne cut
- 1-- head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1cup sliced arugula leaves
- 1medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 5ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2cup toasted walnuts
In a small saucepan boil grapefruit juice until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Pour reduced juice into a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Set dressing aside.
Cut peel and pith away from each grapefruit. Cut between the membranes and remove the sections. Place grapefruit segments in a bowl and top with 3 tablespoons dressing, Set aside.
Shred the rotisserie chicken and measure out 3 cups. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl. Save any remaining chicken for another use. Add the fennel, radicchio, arugula and onion to the bowl. Spoon enough dressing over to coat evenly. Toss lightly.
To serve: Mound 1/6 salad in the center of each. plate. Arrange grapefruit segments decoratively around edge of each salad. Then top each with crumbled goat cheese and a sprinkling of walnuts. Serves 6.