Chicken, Quinoa and Kale Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4cups chicken stock
- 4medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14ounces bag of kale, thoroughly washed and stalks removed, then shredded
- 1 3/4cups green peas
- 2cups cooked quinoa
- A swirl of Sriracha sauce (optional), to serve
- Heat the stock in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken breasts, and simmer for 15 minutes, then remove them from the stock and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Hand shred the meat and either return to the stock or place in the fridge in an airtight container until needed. Store for no longer than 2 days. Likewise, you can cool and store the stock in the fridge after this stage.
- To finish off your dish, heat the stock in a large saucepan, add the chicken and kale, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green peas and quinoa and heat for another couple of minutes until steaming hot but not boiling.
- Serve with sriracha sauce, if you wish.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Magic of Broths © 2016 by Nick Sandler, Kyle Books
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 504
- Fat 14.7g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Sodium 1.5g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 11.2g
- Sugars 3.9g
- Protein 63.5g