Chicken Puff with Pears and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-- of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1-- egg
- 1tablespoon water
- 1can pears in juice, drained and chopped
- 1cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4tablespoons dried cranberries
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in pan and cook 7 minutes each side until cooked through and browned. Set aside and let cool for 15 minutes or more.
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes. Heat the oven to 400F. Stir the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (7-inch) squares.
- Spread about 1/4 cup goat cheese in the center of each pastry square. Top each with 2 tablespoons chopped pear, 1 tablespoon pecans, 1 tablespoon dried cranberries and 1 chicken breast.
- Slightly beat egg and water together in a small bowl. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the corners of the pastry squares to the center over the chicken and press the edges to seal. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden.