Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Yield 6 servings
A super easy chicken pot pie using precooked chicken (or leftovers) and a biscuit-like crust.
- 1 cup diced peeled carrot
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 to 4 cups diced cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light stick margarine
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrot, mushrooms, celery, peas and onion over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, water, pepper and thyme; stir well. Add vegetables and cooked chicken, stirring well.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly into a 9-inch square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place flour in a small bowl; cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a fork until the dry ingredients are moistened. Drop dough evenly by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until the crust is golden.