Chicken Popeye Sliders
- Yield 12 servings
Peppered chicken sliders with pesto are a nice alternative to traditional beef patties.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slider buns, split
- 4 tablespoons jarred pesto
- 2 medium roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- Mix chicken and next 8 ingredients (chicken through black pepper). Form into 12 patties about ½-inch thick. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush patties on both sides with oil, and then grill 8 to 10 minutes, until fully cooked (165F), turning once. Place cheese slice on each patty to melt during the last minute, and toast buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Build each slider on a bun with a thin layer of pesto, a bell pepper strip and a patty. Serve immediately.